If you lose your card or if the card becomes defective, you can request a new card in the card portal. When you apply for a replacement card, your old CampusCard is automatically blocked. The refectory/cafeteria payment function of your card can be deactivated by staff of the 'Mensacard office' of the Student Services Association, located in the Library Building across from the refectory main entrance. Both blocks become effective on the following working day at the latest.
The card’s payment function for vending machines is excluded from blocking. Please contact the Mensacard office directly.
A blocked card can be reactivated only by the Card Office of the Student Registration Office (room 004, Administration building). Please note that the old CampusCard cannot be reactivated once a replacement card has been issued.
If you have a problem with a CampusCard function, you should contact the following:
- Printer/copier function: the Copy Centre in the Business and Administration building, Innstrasse 27
- Refectory/cafeteria payment function: the Mensacard office in room 163, Central Library building, Innstrasse 29
- Locker access: the staff in the respective library
- Building access: the staff in the respective building
What if you have lost your CampusCard? Lost and found student CampusCards are forwarded directly to the Student Registration Office, who will contact you by e-mail.
The University received a faulty batch of CampusCards in winter semester 2022–23, where the card layers were not glued together properly. This batch includes the card numbers 1251001 to 1258400.
Please check your card – the card number is printed on the front of the CampusCard on the right side underneath your matriculation number. If you were unlucky enough to get one of these cards from us and it is faulty, you can exchange it free of charge until 16 December 2022.
Please proceed as follows:
- Log in to Stud.IP and select the menu item "CampusCard". In the card portal, click on the "Create" button under "Create a new card". In the menu that opens, choose "Other" and enter "faulty batch" in the comments field. Your current CampusCard is now blocked.
- Come in to the Student Registration Office and ring the bell at the service desk (the teller window in the Administration Building foyer, Innstrasse 41) . When you hand in our defective card, your new card will be printed straight away.
- You will be handed a cash balance transfer form together with your new card. If you have any cash balance (for the printer-copiers or catering facilities) on your old card, you can use this form to have it transferred to the new card. Take this form to the respective offices for the balance transfer:
– For the catering balance (refectory, cafeterias and vending machines): Mensacard office, room UB 163 in the Central Library Building, Innstrasse 29
– For the printer-copier balance: Kopierzentrum (copy centre) located in the Wiwi Building (Faculty of Business, Economics and Information Systems) at Innstrasse 27.
|CampusCard lost||EUR 20.00||payment receipt|
|Change of picture/title||EUR 20.00||hand in your old CampusCard; students have to submit a written request|
|Card defective (not machine-readable) with signs of damage||EUR 20.00||hand in your old CampusCard|
|Card defective (not machine-readable) with no obvious signs of damage||none||hand in your old CampusCard|
|CampusCard stolen||none||a photocopy of the police theft report must be provided|
|Change of name||none||hand in your old CampusCard|
How to get a replacement card:
- Apply for a replacement card in the Stud.IP card portal. Your old CampusCard will be blocked following your application.
- See leaflet What to do
- Please pay any outstanding fees by bank transfer to the following account:
Bank: Sparkasse Passau, IBAN: DE52 7405 0000 0240 2512 49, BIC/SWIFT: BYLADEM1PAS -> Payee: University of Passau
- When coming in to collect your card from the card office of the Student Registration Office (Administration building, Innstrasse 41, room 004), you should bring along:
- confirmation of payment (e.g. account statement or receipt, if any)
- the process card (German) – this is only needed if your CampusCard is not visibly damaged. Your new card will be printed straight away.
- When you come in to pick up your new card you will be given a balance transfer form. Using this form, you can arrange to have any balance from your old card transferred to the new card at the Mensacard office (central library, Innstrasse 29, room 163) and in the copy centre (School of Business, Economics and Information Systems building, Innstrasse 27).
How to get a replacement card:
- Register for a replacement card in the Stud.IP card portal
- Fill in the CampusCard replacement form
- Please pay any outstanding fees at the pay office. The pay office will confirm receipt of payment on your replacement form
- You will be notified by e-mail when your card is ready for collection. Please collect your CampusCard during the office hours of the Human Resources office. When coming in to collect your card, you should bring along: the completed replacement form and your old CampusCard
- When coming in to pick up your new card you will be given a balance transfer form
- Using this form, you can arrange to have your balance transferred to the new card at the Mensacard office and in the copy centre
Instead of using the Stud.IP card portal you can also apply for the card at the Human Resources office. To do so, send an e-mail requesting a CampusCard to the Human Resources Division. Please attach a picture to the e-mail if you wish to have one on your card. If you prefer not to have your picture on the CampusCard, you will need to bring along a photographic ID when borrowing items from the University Library.
If your card gets stuck in the copier's reader or if you encounter any other problem when using any of the copiers, you should contact the copy centre, extension 1266 or by e-mail