Cash-to-card machines for topping up the copier-printer balance and your catering balance are located throughout the campus (please note that these are separate machines). To top up a balance on your CampusCard, hold the card up to the reader and insert a euro note into the banknote receiver. Please keep holding your card against the reader until you see the new balance on the screen. The catering payments function is activated when you top up your balance for the first time.
Important: Please note that the cash top-up machines for the catering payments and the printer/copier payments are physically different machines; the former can be found in the refectory foyer and the Nikolakloster cafeteria, whereas the latter are usually located next to selected printer/copiers on campus.
To pay for food, place your card on the card reader at the till. In addition to paying for food and drink in the cafeterias and refectory, cashless payment is also possible at most vending machines.
More than 60 networked, duplex-capable and partly colour-enabled multifunction devices for copying, printing and scanning are in use in the University buildings. Using the so-called Follow-Me System, you can output a print job started on your computer at any of the campus printers. Simply insert your CampusCard into the printer's card reader to start printing or copying.
You need a CampusCard for all locking and access systems. Once you have received your CampusCard you will be able to use it as of the following business day. You do not need to apply to have the electronic locker function activated, but a separate activation is required for all other services.
Electronic lockers are located in:
- Computer Science and Mathematics Faculty Building (IM, Innstrasse 33)
- Juridicum Building (JUR, (Innstrasse 39)
- Nikolakloster Building (NK, Innstrasse 40)
- Business and Economics Faculty Building (WIWI, Innstrasse 27)
- Central Library Building (ZB, Innstrasse 29)
You will only be granted access to the training areas once you have registered for recreational sports ("Hochschulsport") and the respective sports course.
Detailed information on registration
If you wish to have the access function of your CampusCard enabled to give you access to restricted areas, please apply for this at the competent office in the relevant building.
- FIM: Dean's Office of the Faculty of Computer Science and Mathematics
- ITZ: Secretaries' office – Professor Posegga or Professor Amft
- ZIM Housing: ZIM Support
- ZMK: Secretaries' office of Professor Schmid-Petri
- NK DiLab: SKILL
- NK Art Education: Professor of Art and Aesthetic Education (Brigitte Schira)
You should be able to use your new CampusCard to open the boom barrier at the entrance to the car park in the same way you are currently using the Mensacard. If you already have the car park access function enabled on your Mensacard your CampusCard will have the same function enabled. You do not need to apply anew.
If you wish to use the student car park and have not previously done so, you should apply for underground car park access with the Building Management section.
To use the CampusCard as a semester bus pass, you need to have the valid-until date printed legibly on the rewritable strip at the bottom of the card front. This should be done at one of the validation terminals on campus. If you do not have a valid-until date printed on your card you cannot use it as a bus pass – any attempt to do so regardless can result in a hefty fine! Please note that only your CampusCard can be used a semester bus pass – other types of enrolment certificate do not count! Remember to always bring along a valid photographic ID when using public transport in case there are inspections.
- Students can use the CampusCard for trips in the bus network operated by VBP (Verkehrsbetriebsgesellschaft Passau mbH). Please note that it is not valid for trips on the RBO/VLP network, the regional buses that service destinations outside of Passau's city limits.
- The ticket is not transferable.
- You must carry the CampusCard with you every time you take a bus and show it to the ticket inspectors when asked to do so. When entering the bus, you should show the card to the driver. Any enrollment certificate is not a semester ticket.
- For bus timetables and fees, check the website of Stadtwerke Passau.
- Please always bring along a valid photographic ID when using public transport in case there are inspections.