Filr offers you multiple options for accessing your data worldwide. You can learn more about the individual options in the associated support categories.
- Webbrowser: An easy-to-operate, extensive web interface that allows you worldwide, comfortable access without installing software.
- Apps for smartphones and tablets: Apps for iOS, Android, Blackberry and Windows Phone 8 are available in the respective stores at no charge.
- Desktop application: The desktop application for Windows (starting with XP) and MacOS X allows you to download and edit data without an internet connection.
- WebDAV: Through WebDAV you can access your data at any time through the file manager.
With Filr/Windat, you can share files with additional co-workers quickly and easily as long as they access those files through Filr. To that end, you can set the rights of the receiver and the expiration date and change them at any time if necessary.
To do so, you have the following options available:
- University employees: You can grant a release to any employee quickly and easily. Students will also be given access at a later time.
- Non-university employees: Employees of the university can release data to external persons. You can find more specific information and restrictions here.
- File link: You can have a link generated to any file, then forward that link through e-mail or chat. This will allow the recipient to read the file without further authorisation.
Filr gives you the option of subscribing to your own folder and files. If changes are made, you will be informed automatically, allowing you to maintain an overview. Please read the explanation to that end.
Within Filr, you can add comments to any file: to justify changes, for example.