What is Stud.IP and what do I need it for?
Stud.IP is a virtual learning environment (VLE): this web-based system allows you to manage your modules and courses. Stud.IP lets you sign up for modules, including seminars, workshops and tutorials, download module-related content, write up your timetable, get timely updates on the module sessions and engage with the lecturer and your fellow students via the noticeboards. Moreover, you will use Stud.IP for your CampusCard account functions.
Stud.IP for students
All modules have a Stud.IP code, allowing you to:
- quickly find and register for individual modules
- set up your personal timetable
- view important news updates
- access learning materials for your modules
Stud.IP for teaching staff
You can use Stud.IP to:
- manage electronic registrations
- provide module-related content for download
- communicate with the students registered for your module
- make preparations for room requests
- provide the content for the virtual module catalogue
These functions require elevated privileges, which can be requested for you by any staff member who has those same rights (e.g. chairholders or office staff). This is done by navigating to: Tools > Dozentenrechte > Neuer Antrag.