What is ILIAS and what is it used for?
ILIAS is a so-called 'Learning Management System' (LMS) which allows you to incorporate digital media into your teaching. The focus here is on the virtual classroom, where the learning content and the teaching itself take centre-stage.
Using ILIAS you can, for example:
- register for and organise your courses
- communicate and distribute files
- use media casts (e.g. podcasts or vodcasts)
- interweave online and face-to-face teaching, if using it as a blended learning tool
- hold seminars and lectures
- conduct C-tests (placement tests for English, Italian, Spanish and French)
- hold tests and assessments